Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with almost 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest. With our continued growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Communications Specialist to join our team in either our Burnsville or new downtown Minneapolis office. We are looking for a creative individual to help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! As a Top150 Work Place in Minnesota, this is a great opportunity to expand your communication skills and work with a great team of professionals.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting and implementing external communications and community outreach efforts for planning related projects and construction related projects in the Twin Cities metro area. These efforts will occur during all phases of the project including planning, design, construction and maintenance.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is willing to learn and take on new innovative approaches to communications. Strong writing and editing skills along with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once will be a necessity in the role.
This position is open to entry-to-mid level professionals and upcoming new graduates in May 2020.
In this role, your primary duties will include:
- Conduct multi-channel outreach and inquiry response with businesses and residents affected by planning and construction projects.
- Write and edit project updates for print and online communications, including websites, social media and e-newsletters.
- Coordinate the development of project handouts, graphics, maps, and other related materials.
- Update and maintain project websites
- Plan and attend public meetings and events (e.g., project open houses) and create highly visual meeting summaries.
- Maintain project contact information databases.
- Meet with internal stakeholders, including project managers, GIS teams, graphics and marketing teams to coordinate activities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with project managers and project engineers, contributing input, ideas and talents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field from an accredited university
- 1 or more years of experience in the marketing or communications field, preferable with a professional services organization
- 1 or more years of professional writing and editing experience such as collateral, case studies, white papers, email, advertising copy, blogs, and website content
- Proficient skills in graphic design (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient skills with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents, free of grammatical and spelling errors
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Past experience working with the public on construction projects is highly preferred, though not required
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.