Bolton & Menk is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an entry level Survey Technician/Survey Crew Chief to join our team in serving our clients in Southern Minnesota.
What You Will Do:
In this entry level position, you will be trained in operating robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors and perform topographic, boundary and ALTA/ASCM surveys. You will be responsible for performing boundary survey fieldwork, topographic survey fieldwork construction staking which will include shoveling and lifting heavy objects. In this position you will also operate our survey trucks and small power equipment.
As a Survey Technician you will also record data in field books, prepare construction documents and performing routine survey and engineering computations.
This position is approximately 90% field surveying and 10% office duties. This is a full-time position with benefits; subject to seasonal layoff.
What We are Looking For:
- Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree in Land Survey Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable at the Firm's standard rates. A motor vehicle record (MVR) check is a standard condition of employment. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
- Internship experience in the field with data collection and construction staking and knowledge of legal descriptions
- Experience with DOT and municipal infrastructure
- NSPE Certified Survey Technician (CST) Certification
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For almost 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow's leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR's Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 400 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.