WAGO Corporation is seeking a dedicated individual responsible to create, schedule, and expedite purchase work orders for the procurement of WAGO inter-company material. Individual will ensure the SAP system is updated with the best information available to predict shipment and accommodate the import lead-time and supplier purchasing parameters.
WAGO offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company-paid insurance plans-life, AD&D, short-term disability and long-term disability, and a retirement 401k plan.
Experience Required: Must have formal education beyond a high school diploma or equivalent experience in the field of purchasing or a related field. Must have a working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supply Network Focus: Intercompany Germany air and facility operations
- Receives input from the Supply Chain Manager, Demand Planner and Sales team to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Works to resolve demand backlogs and other potential scheduling factors
- Analyze and adjust master data to ensure accurate forecasting & safety stock calculation
- Evaluate stock for proper minimum safety level stocks and identify sea freight opportunities
- Release orders for production and advise delivery dates
Inventory and Operations Procurement
- Verify and input third party supplier data into SAP system and maintain supplier files
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price seeking substitute items where appropriate
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders, including air or sea transit and follow up on shortages
- Keeps information accessible by filing all supporting documentation in appropriate electronic folder
- Follow up with the supplier and customer scheduled dates to actual delivery of product for accurate and timely dates
- Follow up on order cancellations for remedial actions
- Promotes an interchange of feedback among departments of all levels within the company
- Transition inventory requirements from one part number to the replacement part number.
- Coordinate various facility operation services
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable and Receiving to resolve receiving and invoicing issues
Import Compliance and General
- Ensures proper tariff classification and Country of Origin from the supplier
- Contributes to and supports departmental initiatives
- Perform and maintains procedures set by WAGO USA ISO Quality System pertaining to supply chain
- Project work as requested by the Supply Chain Manager & Sr. Vice President of Finance and Operations
Training Requirements and Back-up Duties
- Supply Network Planners provide training and back-up one another during absence or increased workflow
- Import compliance: Country of Origin, Tariff Classification, CTPAT Awareness
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by this employee. Additional job related duties may be assigned as required.