Symbiont Science, Engineering and Construction, Inc, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is a multi-disciplined, employee-owned engineering, environmental, and design-build consulting and construction firm. We offer challenging and rewarding growth opportunities to our employees and have been recognized as a top workplace in southeastern Wisconsin. Our annual revenues are about $100 million. Our client base includes multiple Fortune 100 companies as well as municipal and state agencies. Our municipal clients are primarily located in the upper Midwest. Meanwhile, Symbiont’s industrial clients are located throughout the United States and include top-brand brewing, beverage bottling, dairy companies, RNG developers, and technology providers. Even more, Symbiont’s Design-Build and Construction divisions collaborate to provide turnkey design-build services.
We are seeking a Site Construction Engineer to assist and support project management and site supervision in duties such as document management and design coordination, change orders, scheduling, trade scope verification and procurement, quality control, and cost accounting. This position will also be involved in field activities including working closely with the Site Construction Managers with design and constructability coordination/details, and with subcontractors and designers regarding constructability details, coordination and changes.
- Assist Project Team with the preparation and presentation of Project Plans.
- Reviews design information and develops scopes of work/bid packages for all assigned items.
- Assists in evaluation and award of contracts.
- Maintains all project documents including contract drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and RFIs.
- Distributes to appropriate parties such as field staff and subcontractors.
- Establishes and expedites the submittal process.
- Coordinates all submittals between subcontractors and design team.
- Ensures full compliance of contractual requirements of submittals and documents.
- Change Order management.
- Evaluates changes and initiates development of contract documents.
- Establishes and maintains all change management documentation, including drawings, Owner or design team directives, or any other notice.
- Compiles and records all pricing and assists project management as directed.
- Material and equipment expediting.
- Maintains all logs to track and ensure timely deliveries of materials and equipment.
- Coordinate timely deliveries to move project schedule.
- Prepare & Maintains all documentation required for assigned role, including correspondence, emails, meeting minutes, and reports.
- Assist Project Team with onsite Safety management and control.
- Prepare Safety meeting agendas
- Coordinate with Site Construction Manager all onsite safety orientations along with toolbox talks, job safety analysis and job hazard analysis
- Participates in daily/weekly/monthly project meetings as directed by project management.
- Assist to coordinate all onsite inspections, testing and walk throughs.
- Assist project team to manage project quality assurance and quality control.
- Works with project management and subcontractors to prepare a detailed project schedule.
- Monitors schedule and updates with project management in collaboration with Project Manager and Site Construction Manager.
- Prepares 2/4/6 week look-ahead schedules.
- Collaborates with Site Construction Manager on project commissioning and project startup.
- Coordinate project punch lists, warranties and closeout documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or another Engineering discipline with an emphasis on Construction Management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and “think on your feet.”
- High level of self-motivation and strong initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must have strong follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and make sound decisions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and Excel).
- Ability to travel up to 100%.
- Previous experience in a construction management internship or co-op position.
- Experience using construction software, Procore, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6.
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Confined Space Training, Other Safety Training