Tuknik Government Services currently has an opening for a Budget and Cost Analyst supporting the nation's new initiative to coordinate the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts across the Department of Defense in the DC Metro area.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The successful candidate will provide substantive support to the Program Management Office (PMO) coordinating all AI and ML development efforts for the Director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), a 3-Star Flag Officer in the Department of Defense. The Budget and Cost Analyst will also manage the budget and finances for all PMO efforts and provide analytical insights into the cost of all JAIC Programs, as well as help all departments align with the JAIC overall mission.
- Evaluating budget proposals and funding requests.
- Collaborating with project managers to develop a budget and manage through execution.
- Conducting cost-benefit analyses to determine value.
- Reviewing funding requests and make recommendations to the Government.
- Performing analysis on budget to develop leadership insights and presenting results
- Reviewing budget recommendations with management.
- Monitoring spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Estimating and forecasting future financial needs.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- 12+ years’ of related experience.
- 3+ years of experience as part of a Program Management Office.
- Financial analysis experience
- Highly analytical mindset
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, and leadership courage.
- Must be a self-starter that can recognize needs and act with little to no guidance.
- Highly motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced MS Word skills; proficient PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook application skills
- Active DoD Secret and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.