Koniag Information Security Services (KSS) is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing team in the Washington DC Metro Area. This is a full time position with KSS working on site with our government customer.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Cybersecurity Engineer shall be intermediate or above skill and experience level (level II) with an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats and have strong operational expertise in operating at least one of the following tools and to have a team that has expertise in all:
- SIEM – Splunk
- Firewall – Palo Alto
- Intrusion Detection Systems – SourceFire/Cisco/AMP – Networks
- Security Analystics Platform – Packet Capture and Malware Analysis
- Wireless Intrusion Detections Systems – Arista
- Endpoint Security – AMP-E, HBSS
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem solving skills
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation
- Cleared for Presidential Support Duty is optimal
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.