Regional Manager Job Description – Roundhouse Group, Inc.
The Regional Manager is responsible for maximizing the value of an assigned portfolio of
assets through oversight, streamlining processes and analysis of property efficiencies while
identifying opportunities for improved asset performance. This position reports to the Senior Vice
President of Property Operations and is based in Boise, Idaho.
Culture and Value Expectations for All Associates:
- Understands and commits to Roundhouse’s Mission, Guiding Principles and Standards.
Demonstrates these behaviors in daily work and interactions with residents, co-workers,
and all those we serve.
- Exhibits positive work ethic, inspires others, and adheres to standards of business
conduct, compliance, and Roundhouse branding.
- Displays an intense focus on a resident experience that emphasizes connection with the
community, thoughtful design and respect for the environment.
- Supervises property operations to ensure that standardized practices and procedures are
- Participates in the hiring process for key site positions.
- Promotes ongoing training education of associates.
- Trains, evaluates, and appropriately disciplines all direct reports. Conducts timely reviews
and ensures appropriate/adequate staffing.
- Evaluates monthly financial statements and oversee routine reporting to ownership or
- Reviews payables, payroll, contracts, employee evaluations, market surveys, and monthly
- Resolves resident issues that cannot be managed at the site level.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction and elevates team behaviors.
- Establishes a learning culture and maintains a strong connection between the community
teams and Roundhouse.
- Develops annual business plan for each site including marketing goals, staffing levels, rent
levels, and general performance goals and objectives.
- Prepares annual operating budgets.
- Oversees capital improvement projects and renovations and prepares and implements
phasing and execution of 5-10 year capital plans
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts
in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents,
rndhouse.com 3112 Los Feliz Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90039 310.997.2373
vendors, and all outside contacts. - Performs property manager duties during times of unfilled positions, if necessary.
- Assists property manager in establishing team environments and goals at sites.
- Assists in various special projects as they arise when requested by the vice president i.e., updating of operations manuals, proposing new format for employee incentives, assisting in development of new policies and procedures, etc.
- Participates in due diligence process for new acquisitions including market assessment, physical inspections, lease audit, staffing and rent level recommendations, capital improvement recommendations, etc.
- Oversees property dispositions through due diligence and closing process.
- Must stay knowledgeable of all local markets, competitors and trends.
- Monitor income and operating expenses to meet budgetary goals and increase net operating income, if applicable
- Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property maintain Roundhouse standards at all times.
- Inspects all areas of community when doing site visits to ensure curb appeal standards are being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years previous experience in property management with multi-site responsibilities at the Regional Manager level
- Requires the ability to travel up to 50% of time as necessary
- A working knowledge of property management software in order to read and understand site-generated reports helpful
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- An organized and efficient individual with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Requires strong “people” skills, i.e., tact, discretion, ability to motivate through words, ability to develop strong teamwork
- Requires strong supervisory skills; ability to make goals and deadlines clear and provide direction when necessary
- Ability to think globally while keeping long-term goals in mind
- Logical problem-solving abilities and ability to communicate effectively
- An excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures with prior work experience in financial analysis
- Intermediate skill level on Microsoft Word and Excel programs
Salary & Benefits
Salary to be determined based on candidate experience and credentials
Paid Time Off, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K with Employer Match, Education Assistance