Social Work p.r.n. is seeking a LMSW to work in a middle and high school setting in St. Charles County. This is a permanent positions set to start as soon as possible.
The main goal for this position is to provide psychosocial support in order to help students grow socially and academically.
The scope of practice includes helping students cope with disabilities, behavior management, and mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. In addition, duties include:
• Counseling students both individually and in groups weekly, biweekly, monthly, or as needed
• Creating individualized treatment plans to help students improve
• Managing case records
• Reporting any child abuse or neglect
• Educating parents on available resources to help their child
• Providing some teacher/guidance counselor training (i.e. in behavior management)
• Attending educational planning meetings
• Advocating for students, families, and resource
• Completing intake forms upon initial referral
• Completing psyciatric evaluations for students exhibiting the need for medication
• Coordinating with our psychiatrist regarding students' behavior and/or side effects to medication
• Completing suicide risk assessments and responding appropriately
• Thoroughly documenting changes in behavior