- Advanced knowledge of Diesel Common Rail and Gasoline Direct fuel injection systems and their working principles on engine.
- Advanced knowledge in on vehicle diagnostics of Fuel Injection Systems.
- Ability to write, update and develop technical specifications.
- Ability to read technical drawings and an understanding of mechanical design principles.
- Advanced user with oscilloscope/s to analyse electrical drive and sensor feedback.
- Experience in R&R testing techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical application requirements to other engineering functions.
- Microsoft Project knowledge.
- Experience with MS Excel to manipulate technical data.
- Basic CAD experience, i.e. opening drawings, opening assemblies (ideally Solidworks).
- 3-5 years of managing a team of team of engineers.
- 3-5 years’ experience within an R&D / proof of concept environment.
- Previous knowledge and experience with hydraulic and electrical control systems, ideally pressure/flow control and quantity measurement.
Non-Essential but Desirable Requirements:
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical assemblies and electrical layouts.
- Knowledge and experience of Electric and Hybrid vehicles
- Design for manufacture, service and test.
- Vehicle control systems
Expected skills & competencies
- Be ‘customer’ focused with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- A multi-tasker and a finisher.
- An original thinker with a pro-active approach to problem solving and suggesting new ideas.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a small team and building strong professional relationships.
- Have the ability to organize and take accountability for their own work.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.