Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest. With our continued growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Structural Engineer (EIT or PE) to join our Structural Services Team in our new downtown Minneapolis office. This position offers a great opportunity for you to join a well-established firm with a long history of superior service.
As a Structural Engineer you will work with project engineers and managers on a wide variety of civil and structural projects for private, municipal and agency clients. In addition, you will perform field site evaluations and provide support during construction. In this position you will gain practical knowledge and experience while solving real-world engineering problems under the supervision and mentoring of senior engineering personnel. Work will cover a wide and varied range of projects including municipal facilities, trenchless and tunneling, structural evaluations and rehabilitation projects.
- Complete analyses and studies
- Research and prepare drafts of reports
- Performs detailed design computations
- Performs CAD layout, modeling and design
- Perform design and modeling
- Assist with the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and reports
- Perform effective technical writing and correspondence
- Travel periodically to work sites and other project related locations; perform construction observation, condition assessments and field documentation.
Education and Experience:
- The selected candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural or geotechnical emphasis from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred experience range of 2-7 years’ experience in structural engineering.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam - must be certified as an Engineer-In-Training.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software.(i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D or REVIT)
- Working knowledge of structural design software. (i.e. RISA 3D)
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including, but not limited to
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to understanding others’ perspectives
- Must be able to work in extended periods in the field as well as office
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Minimal travel is required.
- Municipal/agency facility design, utility, geotechnical or underground structure design experience
- Familiar with IBC, MSBC, ASCE 7 and related structural design codes
- Professional Engineer (PE or SE)
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.