Bolton & Menk is accepting applications for a Drainage Design Engineer in our Spencer, IA location, providing services to our Northwest Iowa market.
What you will be doing:
This role provides a unique opportunity to work with Project Managers and Project Engineers on design and construction phase activities involving agricultural drainage, wetland restoration, and water resources projects.
- Assist with project design and preparation of plans and specifications, preparing cost and quantity take-off estimates
- Perform basic design computations, preliminary layout and design, research and prepare rough drafts of preliminary feasibility studies
- Perform detailed inspection and project documentation
- Construction observation activities may include performing construction staking, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, property owners and client staff
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Biological Systems Engineering from an accredited college with an emphasis in water resources is required. Will consider a December 2019 or May 2020 graduate.
- Agricultural drainage, rural hydrology and/or wetland restoration exposure and knowledge preferred
- Certified Engineer-in-Training (or ability to receive within 12 months of employment)
- Effective interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Developing knowledge of specialized design software. (i.e. hydrocad, watercad, stormcad, sewercad, xpswmm)
- Ability to work in extended outdoor conditions, and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties outlined above.
- Requires frequent travel during construction season, which may occasionally include extended overnight stays
- Possess a valid driver’s license as travel to various facilities and job sites may be required
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.