Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join our Environmental Work Group in our Mankato office! This role will be approximately 90% office work and 10% field work.
As an Environmental Engineering Technician, you will work with state-of-the-art water treatment facilities developing plans and details in 3D to help protect human lives and the environment. Work for a Top 150 Work Place in the State of Minnesota with GREAT benefits!
What you will be doing:
You will have the opportunity to learn practical on-the-job application of the skills you have learned working with our Project Engineers serving our environmental clients with water and wastewater treatment technologies.
- Assisting with design and construction phase activities on environmental projects, such as; treatment, pumping, and buildings.
- Performing basic design computations, preliminary 3D layout and design in AutoDesk Plant 3D, Revit, and AutoCad.
- Assisting with graphics for preliminary engineering and feasibility studies.
- Assisting with project plans and specifications, preparing cost and quantity take-off estimates
- Construction observation activities may include performing pipe measurements, building layout measurements, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City staff.
- Support our water and wastewater treatment projects totaling over $100 Million of construction each year.
- Develop as an expert in large piping layouts, treatment basins, and infrastructure improvements that protect the environment on a daily basis.
What we are looking for:
- Associate Degree in Architectural Drafting and Design from an accredited institution. We will consider a May 2020 graduate.
- Ideally three or more months with an internship or equivalent in infrastructure design, drafting and/or construction observation.
- Must have academic experience or on the job experience with computer aided drafting. Experience with AutoDesk – Plant 3D, Revit, and/or AutoCAD beneficial.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.