Associated Eye Care is a multi-specialty group practice providing surgical services and vision care for all ages. We have five locations spanning the eastern Twin Cities of Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Associated Eye Care is dedicated to preserving a lifetime of vision for our patients through our uncompromising commitment to quality care and personal service.
This individual is accountable for all responsibilities related to administrative clinical functions, including, welcoming patients to the practice, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner, checking-in/out patients, receiving telephone calls, faxing/scanning documents, reviewing patient demographics to verify necessary information and signatures, and entering new patient information into computer. This position is responsible for patient in-flow and out-flow, patient education, collection of fees, appointment scheduling and insurance verification.
- Greets patients promptly and professionally, on the phone or in person, while displaying excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and treat co-workers in a respectful manner.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient's needs and concerns in a respectful manner
- Able to demonstrate and perform to high levels of competency in all aspects of office and patient service duties
- Schedules all appointments with the appropriate physician to ensure top quality care to patients
- Cancels and reschedules appointments, as necessary; follows-up on no shows
- Monitors and responds to patient appointment reminders and online scheduling requests
- Ensures that daily deposits and designated paperwork are sent to the Business Office each day and that information is complete and accurate
- Prints daily reports to verify insurance authorizations are complete
- Prints weekly reports to monitor interpreter needs for appointments in all locations to ensure services/equipment are available
- Maintains work area and patient waiting areas in a neat, clean, and organized condition
- Maintains patient coffee areas, including restocking, cleaning and ordering as needed
- Sorts and distributes mail and inter-office pouches daily.
- Fax and Scan documents in a timely manner
- Prepares clinic signage for Saturday clinic, holidays and days the office is closed
- Compiles and distributes patient feedback received in clinic to the organization on a monthly basis
- Willingly assists others as necessary to keep work current, meet deadlines or maintain even workload
- Cooperates with other employees and demonstrates a good attitude
- Performs an acceptable quantity and quality of work on time as required
- Models professional and ethical behavior. Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Accountable to keep over-time hours in line with company policy
- Performs and assists in other special projects and duties as assigned
Other Essential Functions
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of hours and work in the various locations as needed. The locations include: Hudson, Hugo, New Richmond, Stillwater, Woodbury and any partner facility
- Must be willing to work either at the Front Desk or in the Call Center as needed
- Must present self at the workstation, ready for work, at the scheduled time
- Participates in department and company meetings, as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Associated Eye Care offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including: Health insurance, Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Long Term disability, Flex and a 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Associated Eye Care is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|We are an equal employment opportunity - Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.