Crystal Springs Resort is looking for an experienced Food and Beverage Director to direct, organize, plan, lead and manage the food and beverage department, which includes, kitchen, banquets, dining rooms, indoor and outdoor facilities, off premise catering, festivals, pools and all other areas that food and beverage is involved in!
The job functions of the Food and Beverage Director consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and direct functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation as dictated to by the General Manager
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub departments such as Tavern, Bistro, Latour, Banquets, etc.
- Implement effective controls of Food & Beverage COG's, Labor and Direct Expense cost.
- Guide and assist the departmental managers in establishing and achieving objectives, standards of quality food, service, cleanliness and promotions.
- Develop along with assistance from department's heads, operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles such as budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, food production control, job descriptions….
- Ensure compliance with CSR policies and procedure that relate to food and beverage.
- Ensure compliance with local authority codes and standards
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel all food and beverage management team members according to CSR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the food and beverage product is kept leading edge by surveying members, competition, restaurants, magazines and associations.
- Actively engage in the resort Executive Committee
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experienced in luxury food and beverage operations at the Director level.
- Proven leadership skills with a keen interest and track record in developing, motivating and directing team members.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional but friendly manner in all situations.
- The ability to be flexible and operate effectively under changing and challenging conditions.
- Superior computer skills such as word, excel, PowerPoint, point of sale.
- Previous luxury private golf club experience is preferred.
**Due to the nature of the hospitality business operating seven days a week, no set work schedule is guaranteed. Schedules are subject to modification based on business volume and demand.
ABOUT CRYSTAL SPRINGS RESORT
Crystal Springs Resort is a spectacular NJ vacation destination, acclaimed as the New York Metro area's most unique four-season resort. Located in the rolling farmland of the Garden State's picturesque northwest, our world-class NJ resort is just an hour from New York City, and even closer to most northern and central NJ towns. Crystal Springs Resort offers so much to experience, you may come to think of our 4,000+ acre getaway as a playground for all ages. Golf, Spa, Dining, Weddings, Catering & more!