The Senior Financial Manager will provide financial analysis support, budget support, cost estimating support, earned value analysis support, and program schedule analysis support.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
Financial Management Operations:
• Perform budgetary revisions, financial reprogramming actions, development and analysis of program/budget plans, the analysis of cost data and estimates, and identification and implementation of government approved cost management systems.
• Assist in preparation and analysis of financial data and input for program execution and budget submissions.
• Track the actual costs of active and completed projects using existing financial information systems to compare actual cost to base-lined cost and forecast the cost to complete and recommend implementing the projects.
• Assist the Government in tracking obligations and de-obligations of funds.
• Apply all applicable DoD acquisition Policies, Laws, Regulations, and Guidances required to perform the tasks as defined in this PWS to include, but not be limited to:
- DOD 7000.14-R (Financial Management Regulation volume 15 – Security Assistance Policy and Procedures); DoD Manual 5105.38-M (Security Assistance Management Manual).
- ASC Comptroller FMS Financial Management Handbook.
• Utilize software applications implemented by AFLCMC and interface with the appropriate accounting and finance information systems including but not limited to:
- (Contract Cost & Requirements System – CCaRS.
- Commander’s Resource Integration System – CRIS, Automated Business Service System – ABSS.
- Mechanization of Contract Administrative Services – MOCAS.
- Security Assistance Management Info System - SAMIS, Defense Security Assistance Management System – DSAMS.
- Central Procurement Accounting System – CPAS) in order to load and transfer budget authority.
• Perform and provide assistance to financial personnel with cost estimates for all phases of Air Force acquisition programs from inception through disposal.
• Perform program cost estimates in support of annual or biennial estimates, life cycle
cost estimates (LCCE) for source selection evaluation, quick-turnaround “what-if”
estimates, and will cost/should cost estimates using the established format.
• Perform all estimates using the most appropriate technique available for each cost element of the estimate.
• Support the planning and defining of tasks; provide data research; collect and analyze data; review, present, and document tasks.
• Create, edit, and track statuses of funding documents (AF Form 9 Purchase Request, AFMC Form 36 Purchase Request, AF Form 616 Fund Cite Authorization, MORD, AF Form 185 Project Order, DD Form 448/448-2 Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request) and their amendments; develop and maintain budgets; forecast and track commitments, obligations, and expenditures; support budget exercises such as “cut drills” and “what-if” scenarios; and track and assist in closing out unliquidated and negative unliquidated obligations (ULOs/NULOs).
• Prepare appropriate reports, maintain awareness of financial execution status, and prepare briefing charts, graphs, and other finance-related materials as necessary.
• Provide support for financial meetings.
• Assist the Government in the preparation of monthly program and project financial reviews.
• Perform and provide assistance to financial personnel with program integration,] procedural, technical, budgetary, and financial cost analyses, and cost estimating, cost proposal evaluations, cost scheduling, financial programming work on selected assignments (annual appropriations and/or multi-year funding) and with higher HQ requests for financial information.
Additional Unique FMS Financial Management Support:
• Provide support of FMS case development, management, reconciliation, and closure.
• Provide support in processing transactions in support of repair and return activity and development and processing of contract purchase request packages.
• Respond to a wide variety of financial data calls from the Air Force Security Assistance Center Directorate (AFSAC-D), FMS customers, contracting personnel and others in the FMS financial chains.
• Prepare case status reports and other briefing materials and present to various USG and FMS customer agencies.
• Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
• May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all assigned to a specific job.
• Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.