PETA is seeking a social-media strategist to contribute to our growing social-media presence across a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. PETA is a highly engaged advocacy organization that reaches more than 100 million people each month just through our Facebook pages.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
• You will work with others on PETA's social-media team to create compelling content—both words and imagery—for PETA's various social-media sites. Content must be emotionally evocative and tell a story with minimal words and well-designed images.
• Part of your day will be spent brainstorming with others to find ways to promote content effectively while meeting the goals of other departments (this takes some serious skill!) and advising on how to optimize online content for social media. Pretty much everything (as in animals' welfare) rides on how well our posts perform, so you will track and analyze the success of posts and tweets as well as overall engagement and growth.
• Keeping our content fresh and trending is critical. You'll be expected to research current trends in social media, staying on top of things like the latest Internet obsession, and apply that knowledge to PETA's efforts.
• Since social-media success depends on acting in real time, we post when the moment strikes (and on some occasions, the moment is 9 p.m. on Saturday night).
• You'll work with various staff, such as PETA campaigners, to get photos optimized for online use.
• You'll handle the grueling chore of using Instagram to share pics of cute dogs in the office and pinning pics of drool-worthy vegan food. You'll also be encouraged to eat said food when we have our epic vegan potlucks.
• You'll also be expected to perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum of two years of online marketing experience
• Fluency in English, Spanish and Spanglish (speaking, reading, and writing)
• Proven interest in and strong working knowledge of Latino culture
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Interest and ability to adapt to new technologies
• Proven ability to conduct and analyze marketing research
• Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven excellent project-management, organizational, strategic-thinking, and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization