CalPortland - 'EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!'
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich history spanning over 125-years
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West's biggest construction projects including:
• Los Angeles International Airport
• The new Rams Stadium
• Staples Center
• Wilshire Grand Center
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- 'Family' based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Manages and administers the Company Safety Program among several locations and strictly adheres to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for developing training programs, training, and coaching the employees on safe practices in the work environment.
• Manage and administer the Injury & Illness Prevention Program to ensure compliance with state OSHA programs, MSHA and DOT regulations among ready-mix, aggregate and transportation divisions
• Conduct OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour training for employees, supervisors and managers
• Perform and document site inspections, employee safety meetings, new hire safety orientations, job hazard analysis and monthly safety committee meetings
• Facilitate near miss, incident, and injury prevention investigations.
• Oversee and attend MSHA inspections, review citations, close out conferences and litigation of citations
• Facilitate the submittal of MSHA required notifications, notice of injury, return-to-duty in timely manner
• Ensure compliance with Title 30 CFR and assist with the development and administration of Part 46
• Investigate motor vehicle accidents and incidents
• Prepare safety reports for management outlining trends for motor vehicle accidents, near misses, first aid injuries, and medically treated injuries
• Manage OSHA & DOT recordkeeping and reporting
• Oversee annual chemical inventory at each plant location and assist in maintaining Safety Data Sheets
• Conduct internal onsite inspections to ensure safety and health requirements are maintained in accordance to state and federal regulations and company safety policies and programs
• Train employees and supervisors in best safety practices, policies and procedures
Education:BS Degree in Safety or equivalent preferred
Requirements/Qualifications:• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills• Prefer experience in heavy highway, mining and transportation• Must have good knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT and other agency regulations• Demonstrate understanding of key safety principles in general industry, construction, and mining industry• Work effectively and respond quickly under pressure situations• Ability to teach, mentor and motivate others• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint• Strong leadership abilities, self-starter, and highly motivated• Must be organized, willing to travel locally and work flexible hours
Conditions of Employment:Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://CalPortlandCompany.appone.com