CalPortland - 'EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!'
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich history spanning over 125-years
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West's biggest construction projects including:
• Los Angeles International Airport
• The new Rams Stadium
• Staples Center
• Wilshire Grand Center
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- 'Family' based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
The Terminal Operator will be responsible for operating equipment to load and unload cement; order taking and tracking; inventory tracking and reporting, and performance of maintenance activities on equipment.
• Loading and unloading cement utilizing a rail car mover, front end loader, and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Accurately and courteously take orders from customers over the phone
• Manually track inventory and provide reports as required
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on all equipment, including troubleshooting and maintaining accurate records
• Assist in keeping terminal and associated buildings clean
• Follow all CalPortland and OSHA safety rules and procedures
• Complete daily checks on all tickets received and shipped
• Communicate in a professional and effective manner with co-workers, customers, and anyone else while performing the job
• Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Education:• High School Diploma or equivalent• Bachelor's degree preferred
Requirements/Qualifications:• Computer skills including Excel, Word, SAP, and HMI systems• Mechanical knowledge: experience with oil changes, equipment inspections, belt alignments, and preventive maintenance inspections• Clearly and accurately communicate both verbally and in writing• Able to meet physical requirements of the Job which includes: climbing, stooping, bending and lifting to 50 pounds• Able to read, write, and speak in English• Must be self-directed and able to work with little or no supervision, as well as part of a team
Preferred:• Welding skills
Conditions of Employment:Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://CalPortlandCompany.appone.com