Nutranext™ is a subsidiary of The Clorox Company. Brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, NeoCell®, Stop Aging Now®, Champion Performance®, True Health®, Blessed Herbs® and Sedona Labs®. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, Southern California and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext our purpose is to make lives healthier. We are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
The Supervisor, Packaging is responsible for the direct supervision of the Section Leads, Line Leaders, and all packaging personnel with additional responsibility of supervising personnel in QA, Maintenance, Warehouse and Production areas.
What you will be doing:
- (Plant & Building Security/ Safety
- Phase down of shift Operations.
- Turn conveyors off and machinery off including all printers from packaging lines and production equipment.
- Insure the removal of products as required.
- Turn lights off.
- Ensure all personnel have exited the building.
- Secure all doors and set alarm.
- Ensure all employees are following Safety procedures (lock out/ tag out), wearing harnesses and wearing Personal Protective Gear.
- Warehouse/ Production/ QA/ Maintenance
- Coordinate with department supervisor, section leads, packaging and managers' tasks that are to completed by the respective team members operating during the shift.
- Supervise and enforce break times for all departments.
- Communicate with department heads as needed during the shift operating hours to resolve issues or problems that arise during the course of the shift operation.
- Write daily shift report to cover all areas of Plant operations during the shift.
- Manage and supervise all resources available for a safe and productive operation.
- Schedule compliances.
- Evaluate schedule daily to determine staffing needs.
- Actively work with other Departments and Team Leads to utilize all company resources.
- Insure compliance within all packaging instructions and requests.
- Maintain open communication across all departments including, but not limited to QA/QC and Maintenance Mechanics.
- Train personnel in proper procedures for operating equipment safely and productively.
- Lead by example and set productivity pace for all packaging activities.
- Insure compliance with all GMP's and SOP's.
- Maintain all packaging and common areas organized and clean.
- Optimize operating time by reducing cleaning time, and any downtime.
- Meet weekly with all Packaging personnel; invite other departments as needed.
- Post all weekly charts and review packing output, yield and waste; collect ideas and suggestions from all participants and discuss issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in incident investigations.
- Utilize Material Handlers, when available, to stage packaging components and bulk for shift operation.
What you bring to the team:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of training involving both on-the-job experience and formal training in a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment.
- Supervisory/leadership experience.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of GMP standards and their applications.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Associate's Degree in a related field.
For more information please visit our career page at www.nutranext.net
Nutranext formerly Nature's Products Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer