The Prospect Researcher serves the fundraising/development team of 12 front-line fundraisers at HGO, by identifying potential major donor prospects (individuals, corporations, and foundations), and examining their philanthropic propensity toward greater giving to Houston Grand Opera. As the sole researcher for the Development fundraising team, the Prospect Researcher gathers and distributes information that allows each fundraiser to choose the best possible approach for cultivation, engagement, and solicitation strategies for potential major donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using a wide array of sources, researches, organizes, and evaluates a prospect donor's financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to Houston Grand Opera
- Prepares in-depth reports and narratives on prospective donors by mining data from the database, in combination with other identifiers of high quality donors.
- Creates and devises a system for optimizing potential giving by ranking donors for upgraded giving opportunities, and prospective donors for increased and major gift opportunities. Works with each fundraiser on the development team to ensure that each fundraiser is dedicating time and energy to those donors who may allow for the greatest financial impact for Houston Grand Opera.
- Participates in processes and procedures to ensure the quality and consistency of tracking of prospect engagement and solicitations.
- Creates and devises a system for analyzing past giving data patterns of members of the current donor base in an effort to support fundraisers in assessing future giving trajectories of donors.
- Creates and maintains an identifiable prospect pool for legacy, planned, and deferred gift giving.
- Serves as a key member of the Advancement team that will be creating new methods of gathering data and information from subscribers and donors through surveying.
- Works collaboratively with the Advancement Operations team on analyses of front-line fundraiser activity.
- Forecasts and monitors marketing trends to develop new avenues of marketing and communication among subscribers and donors.
- Reviews local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of prospect information as well as local and regional business developments.
- Creates and updates a library of customized donor profiles by use of the Development staff.
- Serves as department liaison with electronic screening vendors, and as department expert on its utilities, analyses, and management of data.