Position Summary: The Machine Operator Assistant is responsible for assisting the Operators and Specialists in the production of tank parts by loading, feeding, and unloading materials through fabrication machines and equipment. The Machine Operator Assistant will also modify fabricated parts according to pre-existing templates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and moved materials to and from fabrication machines and equipment with crane assistance.
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses the pedal to activate the machine.
- Assists the Operator or Specialist in observing machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Knowledge of MOP and SWI.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge and ability to use common measuring instruments and hand tools such as tape measure, level, or square.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure first quality of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
Education and Qualifications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.