ITW Welding continues to build its capabilities in power electronics design in order to create world class welding power supplies for our customers. To support the effort, we are looking for an experienced electrical engineer with power electronics experience to play a key role on New Product Development initiatives for industrial based welding and heating equipment. The engineer will be a key contributor in the investigation, development, and implementation of hardware solutions for new and innovative industrial products with primary focus on switch-mode power conversion (5-30kW). The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and testing multi KW power supplies including semiconductor selection and magnetics design. This position requires a highly motivated individual with exceptional communications and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with engineering teams, marketing, and product management to develop innovative and reliable products to serve our customer needs.
- Effectively work on a multidisciplinary team with electrical, software, mechanical, and welding engineers to take projects from original concept through implementation.
- Primary responsibilities include design, development, and test of welding power converters for the Industrial Equipment Division’s New Product Development initiatives.
- Provide power electronics mentoring and consultation on various projects.
- Perform testing and create documentation on new designs.
- Participate in project meetings and be responsible for assigned action items.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
- Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of power electronics design experience
- Experience with power semiconductor selection and testing.
- Experience with 230/460/575VAC multi KW power conversion such as motor drives.
- Experience in mixed-signal embedded hardware design including signal conditioning for high-speed/precision signals in a power conversion setting, signaling across multiple insulation boundaries, and gate driver power supplies
- Knowledge of PCB layout considerations for switch mode power supplies
- Proficient with circuit modeling/simulation tools
- This individual must be a self-starter and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience designing to 3rd party (UL/CSA/CE) standards
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS A PLUS:
- Master’s Degree with a power electronics focus
- Magnetics design experience including flyback, forward, and full bridge transformers as well as inductors.
- Working knowledge of power conversion control systems
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: email@example.com.