Nutranext™ is a subsidiary of The Clorox Company. Brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, NeoCell®, Stop Aging Now®, Champion Performance®, True Health®, Blessed Herbs® and Sedona Labs®. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, Southern California and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext our purpose is to make lives healthier. We are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
The Microbiologist IV – Team Lead collaborates with the QC Manager to lead and support a team of microbiologists and technicians in the microbiology lab. Analyzes and records test results, maintains the lab and assists with a variety of special laboratory projects. Trains and advises the microbiology lab staff in coordination with management. The Microbiologist IV – Team Lead maintains the laboratory systems including compliance to Out of Specification (OOS) investigations, results monitoring and support of the Environmental monitoring (EM) program. The hours for this position are 10:30am-7:00pm Monday thru Friday.
What you will be doing:
- Support the overall function of the microbiology laboratory including leadership of laboratory staff and priority setting for testing.
- Support management with the completion of annual performance evaluations and identification of professional development opportunities.
- Assist with training new hires and cross-training existing staff.
- Identify and develop strong performers in the microbiology laboratory to establish the Company’s next generation of management and/or technical leaders.
- Serve as the microbiologist expert and contributing member on project teams.
- Perform and document routine microbiology testing on Raw Material, Stability, and Finished Goods in accordance with GMPs and GLPs.
- Develop and refine relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and qualification of microbiological methods within the laboratory.
- Independently lead OOS and/or aberrant result process within the laboratory and put procedures in place to prevent reoccurrence where possible.
- Under the direction of the Manager, organize, implement and perform new method and instrument validation. This includes evaluating validation/verification/transfer requirements, equipment acquisition/installation, and reference standards/reagents, drafting protocols, metrics reports, specification development and other steps as required.
- Work closely with Manager and vendors to troubleshoot instruments, maintain inventory and solve microbiology lab problems.
- Analyze and interpret complex data and identify trends to develop and optimize methods for testing.
- Perform necessary cleaning, maintenance, and calibration of instrumentation, as required.
- Review and approve testing documentation (notebook write-ups, worksheets, etc.).
- Monitor supply inventory and ensure instrument maintenance is scheduled and completed.
- Work efficiently, minimize distractions and manage time to meet expected deadlines. Provide regular reports on progress to leadership and during team meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant U.S. and international regulatory agencies and requirements.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) to ten (10) years’ technical lab experience and training in a professional laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiar with ELISAs, growth promotion testing of cultured media, Biolumix, and water testing.
- Prior nutraceutical industry experience.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Master’s Degree in Science or related field.
For more information please visit our career page at www.nutranext.net
Nutranext formerly Nature’s Products Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to share that we have been the recipient of the following awards for Wellness:
• Healthiest Employer of South Florida Nominee 2014 (Med Company)
• Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2015 (Med Company)
• Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2016 (Med Company)
• Healthiest Employer of Bay Area Winner 2016 (Small Company)
• Healthiest Employer of The Valley in Arizona (Small Company)
• American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Award 2015
• American Heart Association Platinum Fit Friendly 2016
• American Heart Association Innovative Work Place 2016
• Worksite Wellness Award 2015 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
• Worksite Wellness Award 2017 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
• Best Health & Wellness Program 2017 - Excellence in HR Awards (Miami Chamber of Commerce)