Come join Woodland Park Zoo as Pool Maintenance Worker!
In this role, you will operate and maintain the zoo’s aquatic life support systems. You’ll also coordinate with the animal management and maintenance personnel for the routine maintenance of the systems to ensure a healthy environment for the animals. There is one regular, full-time, benefited position available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean, operate and maintain the zoo's water features and aquatic environments and related mechanical equipment.
- Coordinate with animal care staff on access to exhibits, work orders, and special requirements/restrictions due to animal health and safety concerns.
- Perform chemical level tests and maintain records of results, add necessary chemicals to maintain water quality and calibrate test equipment.
- Operate, clean and monitor condition of heating boilers and related systems, air conditioning equipment, electrical panels, electrical timing-controls, motors and pumps.
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of pool maintenance and water sanitation methods and techniques, including skill in disinfecting plant facilities, filtering, back-washing and alkalizing required.
- Knowledge of heating boilers and their operation, and the operation and maintenance of heating and air-condition equipment, electrical panes, electrical timing-controls, motors and pumps is required.
- Valid US driver's license with a safe driving history is required.
- Confined Space Entry permit is required.
- TB test required annually.
- Commitment to the zoo's mission and Core Values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and variable weather conditions; works near moving mechanical parts; and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here.
Pay: $25.86 per hour, plus benefits.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid US driver's license. A criminal background check, driving record review, pre-employment physical, and pre-employment tuberculosis test will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.