The Production Supervisor will ensure that product quality, delivery and schedule commitments are met through diligent management of Production personnel and resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support Astronics AES on-time delivery objectives by achievement of Production build schedules through the management and coordination of personnel and facility resources.
Promote and support a culture of learning: Assess and baseline current employee competencies and capabilities (product knowledge, experience strengths and opportunities). Establish short and long-term cross-training and career development plans for each employee based on initial assessment and future Team requirements. Collaborate with next level manager, HR and other resources (as may be necessary) to develop training and development plans for each employee.
Role-model behaviors consistent in support of AES' Core Values (Passion, Teamwork, Learning, Humility, Life and Leadership)
Initiate, support and drive continuous-improvement projects within the factory to help meet demand and requirements for safety, mistake-proofing, production schedule, and efficient utilization of space.
Work collaboratively with other manufacturing managers and employees to establish and maintain 5S standards of excellence and adherence to Operation's Enterprise Excellence Assessment (EEA) guidelines.
The successful supervisor will:
• Encourage employees to take ownership of their jobs and to strive for personal excellence
• Provide employees with equal opportunity to learn and practice new skills
• Recognize the value of sharing their knowledge and experience. To use their knowledge-base to coach and excite the employee for optimal performance in support of our Learning Organization culture.
• Inspire and motivate others by effective collaboration and cooperation to achieve goals
• Establish and nurture a safe, fair and pleasant work environment through open and honest communication with equal access to the supervisor for all employees
Cross-functional leadership: Production Supervisors function in a dual-role position by being both a customer of, and providing support to, other teams/departments within AES to successfully:
• Collaborate with Production Control, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Program Management and others to meet company objectives for product quality, customer delivery
• Manage Production Team schedule priorities, tasks, and activities to coordinate use of personnel and facility resources by other departments such as design/development engineering and Customer Return & Repair (CRR)
Perform other duties as assigned
• 2-year AA degree (technical or business) with 5+ years' experience in a direct supervisory role required or BA/BS degree (technical or business) with 5+ years' experience in a direct supervisory role preferred.
• 5 years supervisory experience with responsibility for 14 to 20+ direct-report personnel in a production assembly & test environment (preferably aerospace or medical).
• 5 years evaluating employee work/productivity performance. Recommending and initiating personnel decisions including hiring, promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions
• Ability to analyze production schedules; plan work assignments and resource allocations
• Trained and accomplished in the application of 'lean' manufacturing principles and tools. Includes experience in/ability to conduct value-stream/current-state mapping, identification & elimination of non-value added or wasteful activities/processes, 'Poka Yoke' (mistake-proofing) and kaizen
• '5S': Demonstrated knowledge, practice and champion for the establishment and maintenance of a safe, highly organized factory and workspaces
• General safety knowledge and functional understanding of factory facilities including electrical, mechanical, LN2 and compressed-air systems highly desirable
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 425-881-1700. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.