Interested in pursuing a career in the legal industry? Consider becoming an Electronic Court Reporter (ECR). This profession is experiencing an exciting growth in demand due to an ongoing shortage of stenographers in California and nationwide. In an effort to supplement and support our existing team of independent stenographic reporters, we are expanding our ECR training program and have a number of immediate opportunities available.
ECRs manage the verbatim capture of legal proceedings through utilization of audio and visual technology. Training and preparation for certification and notary is provided as part of employment.
As the Nation’s leading provider of litigation services, U.S. Legal Support is the only litigation support company that provides a full suite of court reporting solutions, record retrieval, interpreting & translations, trial services and transcription services to major insurance companies, corporations and law firms nationwide.
Want to learn more about joining our ECR team in one of our 85+ locations around the country? Kindly submit your resume and let’s connect!
- Completion of ECR training program
- Training to achieve American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers (AAERT) certification and ongoing renewal
- Training to achieve California Notary Public Certification and ongoing renewal
- Follow and adhere to standard operating procedures as defined by Employer
- Transport, set up, operate and maintain audio/visual software and hardware, including laptop computer, mixers, and microphones
- Manage legal proceedings, create annotations of keywords to facilitate verbatim transcription of proceedings, manage speaker identification and exhibits
- Carry out duties in a punctual, organized and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a transcriber, typist, law clerk, legal assistant, paralegal, videographer or other legal position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accurately type 60+ words per minute
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Communicate effectively with management and clients.
- Ability to sit for extended periods,
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Education in Legal Studies, Communications or a related field
- Working knowledge related to civil deposition rules and procedures
- Technical knowledge of audio & video equipment
- Familiarity with legal terminology
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.