Responsible for preparing and cooking food using basic culinary skills, standard recipes, and simple instructions. Informs supervisor of problems involved with kitchen or safety operations. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
2. Conceptual understanding of basic cooking skills, cooking methods, times and temperatures to avoid over- or under-production.
3. Basic knowledge of knife usage and all sanitation or safety requirements.
4. Washes, peels, cuts and seeds vegetables and fruits.
5. Cleans, cuts and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
6. Carries pans, kettle and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator.
7. Ability to follow and complete basic prep and organizational lists and food-storing instructions.
8. Maintains care and cleanliness of kitchen equipment, walk-ins, utensils, work areas, etc.
9. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
10. Assumes/performs other duties as assigned. #ind1