The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of health services, conducting &/or supervising nursing assessments & plans of care. Will collaborate with Psychiatrist & all Team members to develop Rehabilitation/Recovery Plans. This is a community based position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct nursing assessments (quarterly, annually, and as needed).
2. Develops plans of care for consumers in the program. Assign duties to the LPN & CAN staff when appropriate in accordance with the assessments & plans.
3. Plan & conduct &/or supervise the provision of health education classes on nutrition, exercise, disease management, medications, hygiene, smoking cessation and other health promoting classes.
4. Coordinate with primary care providers & specialists; ensure preventative as well as specialized medical services are provided on a regular basis.
5. In collaboration with the Housing Support Specialists team, the psychiatrist & the consumer, the RN will actively participate in the Rehabilitation/Recovery Plan and assist with activities, which enable consumers to reach their goals.
6. Identify assistive devices &/or specialized medical equipment needed for individual consumers; work in collaboration with the Medical Provider and the Housing Support Specialist to ensure such equipment is procured.
7. Directs consumer medical care and acts as the ongoing point of contact for medical providers, community hospitals, psychiatrist and any other specialists involved in the consumers' care.
8. Work with all staff of the team to provide life skill development & supportive counseling to program consumers
9. Receives and reviews referrals for consumer evaluation and coordinates admission of consumers with members of the program team.
10. Assist with periodic chart audits
11. Ensure that all services provided are documented in agency HER within 24 hours.
12. Serves as liaison and advocate to community service providers for on-going, emergency and other forms of medical, mental health, crisis care, etc. for consumers.
13. Conducts home visits
14. Administer and monitor medications
12. Other duties as assigned by Director/ Director of Nursing