NEC Laboratories America (http://www.nec-labs.com/) conducts research in support of NEC's US and global business. Our lab has a broad research program that covers many areas and maintains a balance of fundamental and applied research.
The Data Science and System Security Department has been developing innovative security solutions and grown NEC’s business. We also provide a vibrant environment that has produced very strong research results. We embrace the opportunities to leverage big-data and AI technologies to improve security. We strongly value interdisciplinary research. We have ongoing projects about software security, cloud security, IoT security and 5G network security. Our group brings together experts in security, operating systems, networking, distributed systems, and data mining. Our research leads to both award-winning NEC products/solutions and numerous publications in top conferences such as NDSS, CCS, and USENIX Security.
Our group is looking for researchers in the areas of computer security. The ideal candidate must have expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of large scale distributed systems, networks or security platforms. He/she must hold a PhD in Computer Science or Engineering and have a strong publication or systems building record in at least one of the following areas:
• Software, IoT, embedded system, ICS, SCADA, automotive, web security, critical infrastructure security
• Software vulnerability and bug discovery and patch
• SecDevOps, container security, vulnerability detection in Docker and Kubernetes systems
• Software, kernel, and firmware fuzzing
• Static/dynamic program analysis and domain specific language design
• Binary program analysis using angr or BAP for vulnerability and bug detection
• Application of deep learning and NLP techniques to program analysis
• Web vulnerability analysis, log analysis of web applications, and network traffic analysis
• Recent hardware features such as Intel SGX, Intel PT, ARM TrustZone, Intel MPX
• Real-world hacking/pen test experiences, such as experiences with metasploit
• Attack forensics, causality/dependence analysis on forensic graph
• Blockchain, smart contract, hyperledger
• Strong system building skills
NEC Laboratories America is located in Princeton, NJ, home of the Princeton University and one of New Jersey's most beautiful and idyllic towns. The area offers many exciting cultural, entertainment and outdoor activities. The office is minutes away from Princeton University and an hour from New York, Philadelphia, and the Atlantic Ocean. For more information about NEC Labs, please access http://www.nec-labs.com/, and submit your CV and research statement through our career center.