Job Title: Development Officer (Acquisitions)
Reports to: Director of Development, Acquisitions
Classification: Fulltime, Exempt
As a Development Officer at Houston Grand Opera, you will join an energetic, high-performing Development team, passionate about securing the future of opera through the generosity of our donors. This position will be specifically focused on identifying new likely donors from current subscribers and single ticket-buyers, qualifying their likelihood and ability to contribute, building relationships with them, and soliciting their support. Our team places a strong emphasis on increasing the number of Patron-level donors, who contribute $5,000 or more annually.
This position requires someone who is personable, energetic, motivated, hard-working, disciplined, and team-oriented. Candidates must be comfortable soliciting for money, masterful in building personal relationships, and highly organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Obtain face to face visits with HGO subscribers to document their relationship with the company along with other biographical details, in the hopes of identifying those with greater interest and capacity for deeper HGO involvement, building and executing a cultivation plan, and soliciting their financial support
- Work with current HGO Patrons, Trustees, and Board members to identify and leverage their relationships in the identification of new potential donors to HGO
- Make daily thank you calls to new-to-file donors, to determine their impetus for giving, and to screen their potential for greater levels of support
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records of all donor activity in Tessitura, HGO's Customer Relationship Management (CRM), using Plans and Donor Information Sheets
- Assist the Development team in staffing special events and performances, as required