Assistant Technical Designer- Apparel
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Product Development Manager- Apparel
We are an American company based in the heart of the Midwest, where the seasons shape the products we build. We live the outdoor rural lifestyle and we use our products. We design our products to be the best, and we also feature world class customer service. We have been making innovative outdoor products since 1960.
This entry level position is responsible for providing support in our growing apparel category and other softgoods product development. The purpose of this position is to assist in the design, illustration and technical aspects of our apparel and other softgoods (ice shelters, tents, etc.). Looking for someone who has a passion for creating high quality products in the outdoor sporting goods market.
- Illustrate technical drawings for many apparel products
- Assist product development manager with designs and line development
- Assist in creating/maintaining product standards and specifications
- Measure and review incoming samples against technical specification packets
- Assist in and take detailed notes of fit sessions
- Communicate with overseas vendors on product details as needed
- Manage and organize samples for photography, meetings and presentations as needed
- Manage and organize fabric and trim library
- Research trends, technology and competition
- May also assist as needed with softgoods in other product lines like ice fishing shelters, camping tents and hunting blinds
Qualifications and Skills:
- Detail oriented and strong time management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Technical Specification packet creation and Technical writing
- Understanding of sewn products quality: fit, stitches, seams, textiles, etc.
- Understanding of garment construction, patternmaking and grading
- Understanding of costing and sourcing
- Microsoft Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent experience in apparel design or related field.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan with Company Match, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
Compensation: Salaried Position
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% travel is required. Ideally the position is based in Mendota Heights, MN but could be based in Cumberland, WI depending on applicant. Will require weekly-monthly travel between our World Headquarters in Cumberland, WI and our Satellite office in Mendota Heights, MN. Overseas travel may also be necessary.
Ardisam, Inc. is a successful, energetic, customer-driven organization that offers competitive wages, health insurance, dental/vision reimbursement, flexible spending, long-term disability, group term life insurance, PTO, holiday pay, and 401(k).
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2825245