The Activities Director supervises and coordinates the Activities Department and meets the social and therapeutic needs of the residents through activities, programming, and continued interaction with community groups.
• Previous experience in long term care
• Past manager experience and skills
• Experience coordinating volunteer programs
• Is strongly encouraged to be involved in a community-based organization(s).
• Ability to bring up problems, concerns and/or questions regarding residents to IDT in order to improve the residents total quality of life.
COGNITIVE OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Requires reading, writing, mathematics, drawing conclusions from written or computer generated materials, making decisions from limited information, reporting information, public contact, routine handling multiple priorities, making non-routine or unexpected judgments, reasoning, applying procedures, implementing recommendations by coordinating persons and/or other resources.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Supervises Activities Coordinators, Assistants and volunteers in the facility
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
See attached Description of Physical Demands for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
1. Supervisory: Manages the selection, training, development and performance of assigned staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce for Wisconsin Illinois Senior Housing Inc.
2. Ability to develop and facilitate growth within the department, relate professionally and positively to facility and departmental staff and to work cooperatively with others at all levels, and to include performance evaluations.
3. Ability to work independently with organizational skills, to prioritize tasks and to exercise judgment consistent with ethics.
4. Ability to model effective communications between resident, family, staff, and community.
5. Must be able to identify potentially unsafe situations and to respond appropriately.
6. Responsible for financial viability of department, to include development, management and accountability of budgets.
7. Responsible to know, implement and assure compliance to State, Federal or County regulations and Wisconsin Illinois Senior Housing Inc policies and procedures.
8. Ensures departmental completion and implementation of the Care Plan and assessment process for all residents.
9. Oversees the development of Activity programming to meet the needs of the residents.
10. Implements and/or maintains a volunteer program to meet the needs of the facility.
11. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.