At Delphi Technologies, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow. Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi Technologies we’re about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently completed a spin-off into a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 17 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries.
As a standalone company, Delphi Technologies is positioned for continued growth, the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and now has flexibility to pursue our unique strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Technologies provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Delphi Technologies designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Join the Delphi Technologies team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
This is a year round internship, with a minimum of 30 hours per week and possibility of 40 hours per week.
This exciting opportunity will be located in Auburn Hills, MI.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- This internship is a year round commitment and candidates should have the ability to report to the office multiple times per week
- Works on activities associated with manufacturing effectiveness using lean manufacturing principles and techniques
- Create standardized work for assembly operators based on lean/material flow
- Identify opportunities for elimination of waste in a process and implement
- Support IE team to develop/document on Standard Work, Problem Solving, Time and Motion studies, Manufacturing System Design (MSD), Material Flow and PFEP
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies in production and provide solutions/plans to eliminate
- Participate in cross-functional lean Kaizen events to broaden expertise
- The intern will be assigned specific process improvement tasks to take ownership of and progress to completion throughout their internship
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow