Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE10
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for handling inbound calls from existing customers regarding a variety of requests relating to the Bank's products and services. Using their product knowledge and customer service skills, Customer Service Coordinators address issues, provide support and offer information, as needed, to keep customers satisfied and retain business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all Customer Service Department activities
- Verifies and processes all account inquires and ensures they are mailed in a timely manner.
- Processes all e-tickets from the branches, providing pin and password resets.
- Train and mentor all customer service staff.
- Handles all customer calls that cannot be handled by Customer Service Coordinators.
- Prepares daily reports on customer service performance such as call wait times.
- Assist Customer Service Coordinators by taking customer calls.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.