Tuknik Government Services (TGS) currently has an opening for an Delivery Manager to support our government client in the Washington, DC metro area. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Delivery Manager will be responsible for developing industry-leading products that drive our clients’ digital businesses as well as function as the conduit between customer success and our delivery team to prioritize roadmap features and tackle urgent client issues. The Delivery Manager will be the guiding and driving force for innovation through disruptive products and processes project management. Therefore, you autonomously incubate projects by coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsible for delivering finished product (including documentation, adequate testing, appropriate functional and performance capabilities)
- Identify future challenges and to lead project candidates, as well as to contribute to find out of the box solutions
- Work across multiple operational and technical disciplines and provide direction and oversight through product development life cycle
- Gather needs from customers and stakeholders and implement them into the project scope
- Work with Stakeholders to clearly define the business requirements
- Translate and support the team understanding of priorities and how they contribute to the client’s mission
- Develop subject matter expertise related to products and technical best practices
- Own prioritization of the product backlog including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Guide teams and drive solutions for given challenges
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Identification and escalation of issues/obstacles to delivering the product as defined
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Stay abreast of and track Industry trends and best practices
- Interface directly with internal and external clients/vendors and serve as primary technical point-of-contact
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years direct work experience in a project/delivery management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- 3+ years in a Supervisory/Leadership role
- Entrepreneurial and progressive thought leader, with proven experience developing and or supporting strategic and operational capabilities around virtual (public and/or private) environments
- Proficient in the design, development, delivery, documentation, and creation of IT modernization solutions
- Agile project management with multidisciplinary teams
- Familiarity with agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Framework
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product development life cycle.
- Highly organized and autonomous working style
- Entrepreneurial spirit and performance-oriented action
- Motivated in fulfilling demanding, challenging and varied tasks
- Previous Federal consulting experience
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) along with active maintenance of certification throughout employment
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, business-related field, or equivalent
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.