Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, both written and spoken are essential to the success of this role. This position will also variously assist the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO, and the Board of Directors. Must be able to deal with highly confidential information at the highest management levels. This is a full-time, regular, benefited position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the administrative needs of the Chief Operations Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Act as a liaison with zoo staff, board members, public, zoo volunteers, professional peers, and zoo members for the COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Coordinate implementation of special projects as assigned by the COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Make appointments, coordinate calendars, and keep calendars current for COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Manage mail and phone calls for COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff. Prepare written responses to mail, e-mail, and/or phone calls.
- Manage departmental files, budget documents, or other materials essential for the administrative operations of the office of the COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense vouchers for COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Prepare minutes for COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Create and modify, as needed, PowerPoint presentations or other strategic communication presentations for use by the COO, CFO, and Senior Executive Staff.
- Create department specific policy and procedures as needed.
- Work independently as needed and coordinate work and projects with the President and CEO’s EA.
- Assume Executive Assistant’s daily responsibilities for the President and CEO, when the President and CEO’s EA is out of the office.
- Assist the President and CEO’s EA with scheduling, preparation, and execution of Board of Director and Board Committee meetings.
- Assist the President and CEO’s EA with the yearly Board and Committee calendar and annual board retreat.
- Compile and distribute materials for Board Meeting packets.
- Keep Board files, directory, databases, and handbook information up to date.
- Maintain confidentiality of COO, CFO, Senior Executive Staff, and CEO’s offices, Board, Executive Committee, and any other sensitive zoo information.
- Attend Board and/or Executive Committee meetings and transcribe minutes as needed.
- Is specifically responsible for the Business Finance Committee and works with the Sr. Director of Finance and CFO on scheduling the of the meetings, participation of notes for the business finance committee meetings and notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Proficient use of computer and Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Must be able to use a projector and laptop to run meeting presentations and/or videos.
- Ability and willingness to learn other software programs as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Ability to collaborate well with all departments within the organization and to represent the COO and CFO in a highly professional manner with a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, while handling sensitive material concerning the organization and the executive’s role within the organization.
- This position may be required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page (zoo.org/jobs) or this posting. No other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.