Job Title: Head Teller
Reports to: Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Grade: NE09
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Provides above standard customer service. Accurately and efficiently completes customer transactions. Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ensures that each teller submits work to proof in a neat and orderly manner, and that the tellers' daily balance sheet is properly prepared.
- Ensures each teller balances every day; provides assistance to locate differences; and ensures that all differences are properly initialed and, if required, reported to the manager and/or auditor immediately.
- Ensures that the appearance of the teller area is neat, organized, and in accordance with Bank policy.
- Ensures all negotiable and confidential records in the teller area are properly secured each day.
- Oversees proper dual control.
- Conducts regular unannounced audits of the vault and teller cash, maintaining a record of each audit, and report any exceptions to the manager and/or auditor immediately.
- Accepts deposits, verifying cash and endorsements and issue receipts.
- Cashes checks.
- Cross-sells the Bank's products and services.
- Process credit card payments.
- Issues money orders and bank checks.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Process night deposit bags.
- Admits customers to safe deposit boxes.
- Answers customer inquiries and provides balances.
- Balances transactions at end of the day and verifies cash totals.
- Balances Automated Teller Machines.
- Maintains reports and logs for record retention.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Previous banking experience.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.