Feeney Utility Services Group (Feeney) is a leading utility services provider with over 1,300 employees between its operating subsidiaries, Feeney Brothers Utility Services and DDS Companies (DDS). From concept to commissioning, Feeney specializes in designing and building complex natural gas distribution infrastructure projects throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, U.S. As a result of Feeney’s focus on safety, quality, and workforce development, Feeney is experiencing unprecedented growth in response to demand for repair and replacement of aging leak-prone natural gas distribution infrastructure underpinned by regulatory-mandated investment and increased conversion to natural gas. Please visit www.feeneygroup.com.
The Assistant General Counsel (AGC) for Feeney will provide day to day general legal and corporate advice to Feeney and its subsidiaries. This newly created role will be based in greater Rochester, NY at Feeney’s subsidiary, DDS. The AGC will report directly to Feeney’s General Counsel in Boston, MA and will work closely with management at DDS and Feeney.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides advice to management on legal issues concerning contracts, claims, general commercial/contractual negotiations, M&A, financings, employment and other legal matters
• Draft, review and negotiate professional services, construction, subcontractor and other contracts including work orders and change orders
• Review and provide advice on contract documents, administration, disputes and interpretations
• Assist in the development, drafting and implementation of various policies and procedures
• Proactively works with the General Counsel to identify risk and implement risk mitigation strategies Elevate matters as appropriate to the General Counsel
• Monitor changes in applicable law and advises the General Counsel regarding the implications of such changes
• Perform legal research as required on various issues
• Work with management and/or outside counsel to resolve claims and litigation with third parties
• Infrequent travel to headquarters in Boston or other offices in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, U.S. may be required
• Perform additional assignments and duties as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed