Bolton & Menk has a Survey Technician opportunity available in our Cedar Rapids, IA office. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry.
- Perform CAD drafting of topographic, boundary, and ALTA/ASCM surveys.
- Perform routine surveying and engineering computations.
- This employee will be tasked to operate robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors; perform manual labor such as construction staking, shoveling and lifting heavy objects; operating motor vehicles and small power equipment.
- Provide a variety of surveying support to a wide range of internal and external clients.
- Have a combination of office drafting and field data collection.
What we are looking for:
- Associate degree in Land Survey Technology, Civil Engineering Technology or related field from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training and experience
- NSPS Certified Survey Technician (CST) Certification is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Trimble Business Center (TBC), AutoCAD Civil 3D and field survey experience.
- A minimum of three (3) months of basic surveying experience in data collection and basic drafting skills in AutoCAD. One semester of land survey field collection education will count toward the 3-month requirement.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions is required. Educational experience will be taken into consideration for legal description requirement.
- Experience with the following software helpful: Microstation, ArcView or ArcMap.
- Experience with drafting for municipal infrastructure helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable at the Firm’s standard rates.
- Occasional travel may be required.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no walk ins, applicants must apply online.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.