Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for a Project Surveyor, LS to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. In this role you will have project oversight and team mentoring.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for coordinating and directing survey planning, schedules, processing, and project administration
- Responsible for boundary calculations utilizing coordinate geometry software
- Responsible for existing survey records, research, plan interpretation and the correct staking of surveying and engineering projects
- Collecting, processing, interpreting and correcting field measurements and data for survey projects
- Supporting business development activities through RFP’s, presentations and community engagement activities while developing relationships with clients
- Mentoring and developing professional and technical survey staff
What we are looking for:
- Licensed Land Surveyor (LS)
- 5+ years of progressive land survey experience
- Strong interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Good management and leadership skills (i.e. operating with a sense of urgency, managing conflict, exercising tact and patience, providing constructive feedback)
- Good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and survey software (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Working knowledge of specialized software processes for managerial, supervisory and QA/QC purposes appropriate to the area of practice
- May require travel, may include extended overnight stays
- Possess valid driver’s license
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.