Nutranext™ is a subsidiary of The Clorox Company. Brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, NeoCell®, Stop Aging Now®, Champion Performance®, True Health®, Blessed Herbs® and Sedona Labs®. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, Southern California and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext our purpose is to make lives healthier. We are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
The Gummy Plant Operator 4 is responsible for producing quality products through the efficient and proper use of assigned machines and resources as well as the coordination of activities with adjacent areas. This is a third shift position (10:30pm - 7:00am M - F).
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and with other operators in the line the production startup and other relevant activities according to the plant schedule.
- Verify and control through the HMI that the Kitchen/Depositor process parameters are correctly set for the products to be manufactured.
- Perform the testing and Setup of the equipment assigned to guarantee correct operation.
- Verify optimal supply of services as steam, compressed air, hot/cold water, etc.
- Ensure that all documentation, tools, recipes, etc. required for production are available for the process start.
- Check and verify that all materials required for production, have been delivered by Pharmacy/Warehouse in the correct amount and quality conditions.
- Register in SCADA the Lot Number of Raw Materials used as required in the Master Batch Records.
- Monitor and control process parameters assuring that all variables are within set ranges, according to the Standard Operation Procedures.
- Carry out basic quality checks to assure that processed product meets all applicable specifications.
- Assure that all logbooks, batch records and other official documents are completed in a correct, accurate and timely manner.
- Make sure that assigned equipment is properly operated and all activities are performed in accordance with applicable Operational Manuals and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Perform and document in-process inspections of equipment being operated and make adjustments as required. If necessary, notify designated personnel of setting changes and document adjustments appropriately.
- Assemble and disassemble assigned equipment and all related components. Perform appropriate cleaning as outlined in the Standard Operation Procedures.
- Comply with GMP and Safety Guidelines meanwhile developing every activity in the plant.
- Assist Team Leader in other areas as directed.
What you bring to the team:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as Operator/Technician in confectionary/food industry.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- Must be able to perform required repetitive lifting tasks.
Preferred Experience and Education:
• Mechanical Technician Diploma or equivalent.
Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the plant. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Regularly required to use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is very active and the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop kneel, crouch or crawl all day The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Objects weighing 70 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.