Founded on a commitment to building lasting and trusting relationships with customers, Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. (Shaw/Stewart) delivers by responding to customer needs and providing creative custom solutions. For more than 130 years, Shaw/Stewart has served the Twin Cities' luxury homebuilders, remodelers and commercial general contractors.
THE SHAW/STEWART LUMBER CO. WAY
Value to Employees: Shaw/Stewart offers employees opportunity to drive their careers in a results-oriented environment. As an employer who values relationships over transactions, Shaw/Stewart employees can expect transparency, integrity and loyalty.
Company Culture: As a respected and well-known industry leader, Shaw/Stewart focuses heavily on providing quality products and exceptional service to customers. It's evident in Shaw/Stewart's focus on continuous improvement in day-to-day activities and company core values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing, even when it's not popular.
- Exceedingly High Standards -Take pride in our work knowing it's a reflection of us.
- Be a Champion - Be confident, positive, and humble.
- Customers for Life -The lifetime value of the customer is our priority.
- Ownership - Take full responsibility for the outcomes of our actions.
WE CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU
Our Estimators are critical to the effectiveness of our sales process and overall customer service. As a Residential Estimator at Shaw/Stewart you will utilize the latest software technology to build materials lists for our Residential customers. You will apply value engineering to ensure the most effective and best option is presented. This is an opportunity to apply your estimating experience, technical aptitude, and customer service to the Residential contractors who rely on Shaw/ Stewart.
- Material Takeoffs
- Value Engineering
- Develop & Use Software Tools
THIS IS YOU
The successful Residential Estimator at Shaw/Stewart is an effective collaborator with a high attention to detail, the ability to problem solve, and a general understanding and interest in process and application. Estimators work with urgency while accurately delivering against deadlines and living out our values.
- 2-4 years of building material or construction experience in sales, estimating, or project management capacity OR Completion of a Construction Management program or Estimating Certificate in lieu of industry experience.
- Experience with estimating software
- High proficiency with Excel
- High mathematical and technical proficiency
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Experience with CAD software
- Associates degree or higher
Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.