Do you have a take-charge attitude and a passion for helping others? If so, we have a career for you!
Associated Eye Care is a multi-specialty group practice providing surgical services and vision care for all ages. We have five locations spanning the eastern Twin Cities of Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Associated Eye Care is dedicated to preserving a lifetime of vision for our patients through our uncompromising commitment to quality care and personal service.
This position will require a flexible, forward-thinking individual who is able to adapt to changing work environment, is a team player, and provides quality patient service. The ability to multitask, as well as taking incoming and making outgoing calls to schedule our patient appointments is essential in this position.
- Register and schedule patients, data entry of demographics and insurance information
- Understand various aspects of medical insurance and verify patient insurance
- Clearly and concisely document every patient interaction in our EMR system.
- Take electronic messages and convey information to respective medical care provider teams
- Perform follow-up calls for missed appointments, including cancelled and no-show appointments, schedule changes and overdue recall.
- Maintain appointment scheduling in accordance with Associated Eye Care scheduling policies
- Provide excellent customer service
- Respond to patient inquiries both over the phone and electronically
- Complete other daily functions including but not limited to listening and returning voicemail messages, or electronic messages, working daily reports and tasks
- Complete cross training to cover the front desk functions
Other Essential Functions
- Must present self at the workstation, ready for work, at the scheduled time
- Must be willing and able to travel to clinics when/if schedule dictates coverage is necessary
- Participates in department and company meetings, as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel to other AEC offices as needed
- Work varied scheduled and in other AEC offices as needed to fill staffing needs
Job Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines when faced with multiple interruptions and sometimes stressful situations
- Can confidently establish priorities based on workload, focusing on attention to detail and accuracy
- Capacity to analyze and problem-solve issues in order to identify areas of process improvement and increase efficiencies
- Able to work independently and handle and resolve problems on own, but also know when to collaborate with staff and be a team player
- Ability to assess the importance and relevance of information and effectively and efficiently share information and relevant detail to the appropriate persons
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop and foster relationships with employees and clients at all levels of the organization; ability to give consistent and concise direction/communication to team members; ability to lead, motivate, educate, manage and train teams
- Ability to operate successfully with strategic and tactical level issues and to effectively manage multiple and diverse issues; good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data and business acumen
- Courteous and professional demeanor while demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to company vision and mission
- Ability to maintain confidentiality utilizing HIPAA guidelines and maintain compliance with OSHA rules
- Advanced computer skills, including Word and Excel and a willingness to learn new software programs
Associated Eye Care offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Long Term disability, Flex and a 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Associated Eye Care is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|We are an equal employment opportunity - Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.