At Integrity Components and Design, a subsidiary of Mans Lumber & Millwork, we believe that a great employee experience is a prerequisite to a great customer experience! Come see why our employees love coming to work, and why honesty, loyalty and passion are the values that drive our humanistic culture.
The Lead Wall Panel Designer position is more than a component design master, the selected candidate will be accountable for designing, editing and estimating structural plans to produce wall panels and assuring wall designs mirror approved construction plans (and meet project requirements). Additionally, qualified candidates will possess the skills necessary to analyze plans that help our customers ensure that their home/project is being built to code. We aren't looking for the ordinary; we are looking for the extraordinary! Think this describes you, then please keep reading:
- Knowledge and experience in designing multifamily, commercial, custom wall panels
- Experience with MiTek Sapphire Structure and/or equivalent wall panel design software
- Generating estimates, layouts and panel profiles using MiTek
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Create cost effective and accurate layouts and wall designs from architectural and structural drawings using all associated details and city, county and state building codes
- Generating cut sheets for production
- Assisting in mentoring, training and developing of other, less experienced designers
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on products, plan design and construction techniques
- Design structural components for prefab shop to be installed by field team
- Input of layouts conforming to design practices.
- Provide job-site support, when needed
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently managing multiple tasks, setting priorities and
Responsibilities & Relationships
- Recognized as an organization leader - have commanding presence and are able to inspire/influence others.
- A strong steward of the Integrity Components culture and core values.
- Possess an influencing presence internally and communicate ideas in a way that persuades others to buy-in and act (both written and verbal).
- Deep understanding of business acumen, and a natural strategic thinker.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred; but not required
- 5+ years of wall panel design experience
- MiTek Sapphire Structure experience is a strong plus (think AUTO-CAD, but with more power)
- Previous leadership/management experience is beneficial due to the mentoring nature of this role
- Proven ability to build relationships, gain rapport quickly, and collaborate internally and externally
- Able to set and achieve goals for themselves and equally hold others accountable
- Ability to flex in and out of managing multiple projects
- Consistently focused on doing great work that is highly accurate and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Continually manages time efficiently, with strong capabilities to multi-task and problem solve
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some daily active movement is required. This would require the ability to lift, bend, walk and stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, Identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays and annual profit sharing eligibility.
This position requires up to 5% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.