CalPortland - 'EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!'
This is us…
- Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich 126-year history
- Largest building materials contributor to some of the West's biggest construction projects including:
• Los Angeles International Airport
• The new Rams Stadium
• Staples Center
• Wilshire Grand Center
- Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
- 'Family' based company culture with a focus on safety
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Perform a combination of duties involving general maintenance/operation of a large sand and gravel aggregate site. Position will work under direction of the Plant Manager to complete daily tasks required to maintain a large aggregate and asphalt production site. Fabrication and welding of material chutes, conveyer structures and aggregate bunkers. Must be able to work in an efficient and safe manner to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision. Must be able to work irregular hours as needed to accomplish tasks during non-production hours. Heavy equipment operation may be required at times.
• Complete daily service requirements of a sand and gravel plant for preventative maintenance issues
• Fabricate and repair conveyors and hoppers
• Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays
• Repair crusher, i.e. liner changes, oil systems and operations, monitor and change worn parts
• Repair conveyor systems, i.e. bearing replacement, drive systems, change screen cloths, structural fabrication
• General maintenance of water pumps and electrical requirements and wear prevention of equipment
• General labor duties such as shoveling and sweeping
Education:High school diploma or GED
Requirements/Qualifications:• Ability to work under pressure• Be available for overtime, extended hours, and weekend work as required for timely project completion• Work with minimal supervision• Majority of work is outdoors in all weather conditions• Ability to lift 95 lbs. infrequently, 50 lbs. frequently, and climb ladders/stairs up to 24’• Ability to use various electric and air-powered hand, welding, and cutting tools• Experience in welding and fabrication
Preferred:• 4+ years’ experience preferred, but willing to train• Working knowledge of aggregate production and associated equipment, and understanding of operations and safety requirements for the equipment
Conditions of Employment:Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://CalPortlandCompany.appone.com