Position Summary: The position provides mobile crisis interventions for individuals supported by the Mobile Crisis Team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides crisis interventions for consumers in crisis as part of the mobile crisis team. • Collaborates with a variety of agencies including LME/MCO; law enforcement, DSS, schools, and hospitals to provide a coordinated response to an individual’s crisis.
• Reviews mobile crisis paperwork of MCM Qualified Professional and provides qualified professional review and signature of the same.
• Completes assessments and interventions that address the consumer’s risk for self-harm, serious self-neglect, victimization, and violence.
• Assists the consumer and their family or natural support system to develop a strength-based crisis plan focused on recognition of crisis triggers, increased coping skills, and safe resolution of crisis events.
• Works as a team with other MCM staff to effectively intervene with consumers in crisis.
• Maintains professional boundaries with individuals supported through MCM services.
• Provides transportation as needed for consumers in crisis (when appropriate).
• Ensures mobile crisis paperwork is accurate, complete and timely.
• Consults with clinical assessment specialist, on-call supervisor as necessary when completing risk assessments with regard to suicide risk, risk of violence or substance abuse risk assessments.
• Completes a minimum of twenty (20) hours of training specific to the required components of the mobile crisis service definition including crisis response within the first 90 days of employment.
• Writes crisis service notes with proficiency and submit as required.
• Ensures compliance with all ESUCP policies and procedures, as well as state, and federal regulations.
• Must demonstrate Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to the position.
• Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
• Performs related duties as requested
- 20 hours per week, on-call rotation including weekends required.