The primary function of this position is to perform a variety of supervisory, administrative, training and auditing tasks to identify potential workplace hazards that could cause injury, sickness, or damage to property, identify and inspect equipment, processes, materials, supplies, ingredients and facilities, investigate workplace accidents and evaluate current safety programs and compliance with regulations, as well as potential hazards in products, to the environment or possible security threats in a timely manner in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, in emergency, and non- emergency situations and observing all safety regulations. Individual will also be working closely with the insurance carrier in the claims process.
- Obtain work schedule and daily production paperwork participate in the weekly Safety meeting, daily production meeting and prepare for safe operations.
- Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear and perform a safety check on equipment.
- Oversee production, packaging, supply, warehouse, construction and maintenance work to determine acceptability and conformance to safety standards.
- Conduct department safety performance audits, new employee orientations, Safety Assessments at sites throughout facilities.
- Coordinate/facilitate required safety training, drills, and all licensing.
- Assist departments with all accident / incident / injury / illness investigations, provide support; assist with health & safety investigations and administration of site Workers Compensation program.
- Attend monthly supervisors safety meetings, develop safety plans from templates such as IIPP and EAP, responsible for understanding, researching and explaining OSHA and Cal OSHA and the internal communication of news and events as it relates to OSHA and Cal OSHA, stay up to date on new OSHA regulations and case law, as well as key HR laws.?
- Coordinate maintain and update department safety rules, best practices and conduct PPE assessments when necessary.
- Train, supervise and evaluate (behavior-based observation) employees performing the various tasks and duties of their position.
- Monitor supplies and equipment used in the production, packaging, supply, warehouse, farm, construction and maintenance systems and other departmental facilities to ensure that all aspects of the systems are functioning properly.
- Submit requisitions for safety supplies / PPE, maintain records relating to personnel, equipment, supplies and complete reports.
- Ensure that all necessary safety materials, supplies and equipment are available by maintaining an inventory of equipment and materials.
- Monitor Safety Plans, deliverables and training, implement safety plans and procedures; safety training programs; emergency response plans; security procedures; and programs for handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials. Inspect workspaces and lay out facilities to meet safety objectives and comply with regulations.
- Provide day to day phone and email support to assigned areas, maintain all written records for reporting, analysis and decision-making, also keep up to date on new regulations and policy changes.
- Participates in claims review with insurance carriers
- Oversee entire process of submitting claim with insurance carriers. Point of contact for any questions from the insurance carrier and worker’s compensation clinics
- Maintains worker’s compensation files
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in implementing safety programs in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System and CA health & safety regulations is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, E-Mail and Internet functions.
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate employees and organize and supervise various safety training activities.
- Must communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, establish and maintain effective relationships with employees / departments
- Must have 2 years in a health and safety role, OSHA experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- OSHA 10 Certificate
- Bilingual (Spanish /English) desirable.
- Valid California Driver License
- The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures as low as 35F
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. We offer the following:
Paid vacation and sick days
Suja offers a fun working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. Please submit your resume if you are interested.