Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Corporate IT
Reports to: IT Manager
Salary Grade: Associate 7
AAP Classification: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: February 1, 2018
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions to meet the business needs as well as supporting existing applications and implementation of new technical solutions in a manufacturing company.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Overall responsibility to maintain and provide trouble shooting support for the following systems: local and wide area networks, ERP application, e-mail, internet access, time and attendance, office automation, backup systems, telecommunication systems, meeting rooms and display boards.
• Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization and training for all systems as needed.
• Analyze complex business needs presented by the users and recommends and/or implements technical solutions in line with existing solutions.
• Develop and maintain all backup procedures and records for all property data and systems.
• Develop and maintain standards and procedures for system security for all applicable systems to minimize potential exposure/risk.
• Ensure that all use of IT resources conform to all Federal and state laws and that all software is legally owned by or licensed to the business.
• Maintain all inventory of the IT systems, software and hardware.
• Anticipate future network needs and identify proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
• Serves as liaison between business units and IT, communicating technical information and plans.
• Provides expert and creative solutions to user problems on laptops and desktop systems to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
• This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
• 5 years demonstrated experience in the design, planning and execution of technology infrastructures
• Extensive knowledge of computer systems and software applications and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations strongly preferred
• Experience in contracting, negotiating, and change management highly desired
• Experience with implementation of information technology on a departmental and/or corporate level highly desired
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, clients and business partners desired
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple teams of individuals, including establishing benchmarks and goals highly desired
• Focused and self-motivated with ability to formulate direction and strategy highly desired
• Availability for local and overnight travel. Willingness to work a flexible schedule strongly preferred
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Does not have any supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the company.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://Astronics.appone.com