Job Title: Switchboard Operator
Reports to: Recruiting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE07
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The switchboard operator performs routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
- Answers central telephone system and directs call accordingly.
- Received the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone.
- Prepares outgoing mail, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Composes, types, edits, correspondence, reports, memorandum, and other materials.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm and some Saturdays. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
• Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
• Treatment during employment
• Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
• Selection for training, including apprenticeship
• Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.