The Technical Order Manager (TOMA) will work with every aspect of technical data to include acquisition, modification, sustainment, printing and distribution of technical data.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
- Support includes the sustainment, format approval, publication review, coordination of storage and distribution of TO’s and related technical data.
- Provide TO Management services by supporting all tech data document updates associated with RSAF CSTO acquisition and sustainment.
- TO system index updates, field support, coordinating documentation and participating in meetings as required to support TO lifecycle sustainment requirements.
- Sustainment acquisition support for the development of Technical Manual Contract Requirements (TMCR) and TMSS Data Item Descriptions (DID) as outlined in TO 00-5-3.
- Format approval including review and acceptance of RSAF CSTO updates resulting from changes, revisions, supplements, newly developed RSAF CSTO TO’s and data conversions.
- Publication reviews including review and acceptance of source data packages for compliance with appropriate specification and business rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Extensive knowledge of Air Force TO processes and systems.
- Authorized access to classified information; active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience in TO management or TO related career field.
- Working knowledge of military industry, standards for product delivery, why and how Air Force TOs are inter-related and how a TCTO may affect several different manuals.
- Individual should have TO sustainment experience including experience as Air Force Technical Order Manager.
- Working knowledge of all technical data and other guidance documents which govern the preparation of all types of Air Force Technical orders, to include technical manual contract requirements (TMCR) and digital requirements documents.
- Complete knowledge of technical order manager responsibilities is essential, to include knowledge of applicable processes, regulations and TO management systems such JCALS, ETIMS, et al.
- Must provide support to document any changes or revisions to all TOs and other documents that may be impacted by modification or safety issue.
- Knowledge of technical data requisition is necessary.
- Must have experience requiring the use of military technical orders including sustainment support of technical orders.
- Possession of excellent technical writing, briefing, and facilitation skills.
- Requires a self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise.
- Demonstrated Technical Leadership Skills.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time, review information on a computer screen and be able to withstand repetitive motion (up to 10 hours a day with lunch and breaks). The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary.
Office Location and Travel
This position is located in Warner Robins, GA.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Sharon Alred via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 586-558-8510 to request accommodations.